Utilities Department

Services Provided

The City of Bandera provides water and wastewater services to the city limits of Bandera and a portion of the ETJ, extra territorial jurisdiction. Residential and commercial customers also receive curbside garbage collection. The City of Bandera contracts with Republic Services for garbage collection. Your utility account will cover all the services you receive in one convenient place.

How to Open a Utility Account

To open a new utility account, visit City Hall in person at 511 Main Street. An application must be completed by either the owner of the property or the tenant. You must have the appropriate deposit and connection fee payments, address where the utilities will be connected, the requested date of connection and a valid phone number. 

Utility deposits are as follows:
Residential inside city limits: $150.00
Residential outside city limits (ETJ): $200.00
Commercial (inside and outside): $300.00

A copy of a driver's license and either the warranty deed or lease agreement is required at the time the application is submitted. 

The City of Bandera will not accept telephone requests to open new accounts. However, you may email (cityclerk@cityofbandera.org) completed applications to City Hall and pay over the phone with a credit card. Credit card payments will be charged a 2.25% processing fee. 

Connections are done on weekdays only, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:00 am and 4:00 pm, excluding holidays. 

Commercial Utilities Application (PDF)
Residential Utilities Application (PDF)

How to Close a Utility Account

Utility accounts can be closed by completing a Utilities Disconnect Form. Turn in the completed form to the Utility Clerk at City Hall at 511 Main Street. It can also be emailed (cityclerk@cityofbandera.org).

Your deposit will be applied to your last bill. If there is a running balance, it will be mailed to you at your new address. Please be sure to provide us with your forwarding address on the Utilities Disconnect Form. Please be aware there is a $35.00 disconnect fee is required when the form is submitted. This can be paid in person or over the phone.  

Utilities Disconnect Form (PDF)

Paying Your Utility Bill

City utility bills are processed and mailed on the last business day of the month. You may also receive your bill be email. Please fill out the e-billing portion of the Bank Draft and E-billing Form and return to City Hall. 

The bill will include charges for water use, wastewater service and garbage collection. Our billing period is from the 20th of the month through the 20th of the next month. (Ex.- January 20th - February 20th will be due March 15th)

The bill will give your past meter readings and the new reading, a breakdown of the charges, applicable taxes, the total amount owed, the due date and the date when penalties are charged.

You may pay your bill by mail, in person at City Hall, 511 Main Street, or online at Municipal Online Payments. A convenient 24-hour drop box is located on the side of City Hall. 

Credit card payments are accepted in person or by telephone. Credit card payments will be charged a 2.25% processing fee.

Bank drafting is also available for your convenience. Please complete the Bank Draft and E-Billing Form and return to City Hall.

Bank Draft and E-Billing Form (PDF)

Late Payments and Disconnects

Bills are due on or before the 15th of every month unless the 15th falls on a weekend or holiday. If that is the case, the due date will be the next business day. A penalty is added on the 16th of the month to an unpaid balance. If you have not paid your bill by the 15th, you will be sent a late notice with the new amount due and the date your water services will be disconnected unless payment is received. 

The last day to pay is the 25th of the month unless the 25th falls on a Friday, weekend, or holiday. If that is the case, the last day will be the next business day. Service will be disconnected the morning of the next business day. A disconnect fee is added to the account and a reconnect fee is charged. No service will be reinstalled until all charges, including the past due bill, are paid. 

We know that financial emergencies can arise unexpectedly. If this happens to you, please contact the Utility Department at (830) 796-3765 as soon as possible. 

Leak Adjustments

If you have experienced a high water/sewer bill due to a leak, once the leak is repaired and your consumption has dropped back to normal consumption, ratepayers may apply for a leak adjustment to help offset a portion of the excess water/sewer usage. 

Leak Adjustment FAQs
Leak Adjustment Request Form


Our goal of delivering quality water services requires that we collect and keep certain personal information about you. Within the City of Bandera, we collect and share information internally. This includes:
-information you 
provide to us such as your name, address, contact information, driver's license and date of birth;
-a history of transactions that you have conducted with us via mail, and internet. This information may include meter number, account number, account balance and payment history;
-historical and current water and wastewater usage for billing and planning purposes.

We share certain information about you as required by law.
The utilities department is a city-owned and government operated utility service. Therefore, your water bill account information is considered public record under the Texas Public Information Act. However, Texas Utilities Code, Chapter 182 as amended, allows water customers to request that personal information and any information relating to the volume or units of water usage or the amounts of billed to or collected from the individual and be kept confidential. 

Your right to limit access by other to your personal information.
To limit access to your personal information such as address, date of birth, telephone number and other account information, please complete the Utility Account Confidentiality Request form and return it with your payment or via email to cityclerk@cityofbandera.org. 

Leak Adjustment

If you have experienced a high water/sewer bill due to a leak, once the leak is repaired and your consumption has dropped back to a normal consumption, ratepayer’s may apply for a leak adjustment to help offset a portion of the excess water/sewer usage.